What is Mabrouk Ma Yak?
Mabrouk Ma Yak is an integrated eService for newborn Emiratis. Under this eService, newborn Emiratis can get:
- a birth certificate
- his/her name added in the family book
- his/her passport
- an Emirates Identity card
- thiqa (insurance)
- health card (optional).
In addition, his/her name will be registered in the population register. Parents will have an option to apply for paternity and maternity leaves and child allowance to Federal Authority for Government Human Resources (applicable only for employees of the federal government).
Pre-requisites for the service
In order to get this service,
- The father must apply for it within 3 months from the date of the baby's birth
- He must be a UAE National and his wife should be added to the family book
- He must have a verified account on UAE Pass
- The baby should have been born at one of the hospitals that provide the Mabrouk Ma Yak service (PDF, 1 MB)
- And, the following documents should have been submitted while opening a file in the hospital:
- Valid Emirates ID of both parents
- Family book
- Marriage certificate (only if the woman is delivering for the first time).
Follow these steps to get the identification documents for a newborn Emirati:
- Inform the hospital that you wish to avail the Mabrouk Ma Yak service
- You will receive an SMS confirming completion of the procedure. The SMS will include a link to complete your request online
- Log in to the Mabrouk Ma Yak Service portal and fill in the newborn baby's name and upload his/her photo
- Apply for paternity and maternity leaves and child allowance(this is optional and applicable only to employees of the federal government)
- Choose either ‘home delivery’ or ‘collect from service centre’ for receiving the document
- pay fees online
- you will receive an SMS after the documents are ready.
- if you had chosen ‘collect from service centre’, then please visit General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners’ Affairs along with the original family book.
- If you had chosen ‘home delivery’, then the documents will be delivered at the home address mentioned while submitting the application.
Entities participating in the service
The service is provided as a consequence of cooperation among Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs & Port Security, Ministry of Health and Prevention, Ministry of Finance, Telecommunications and Digital Government Regulatory Authority, Dubai Health Authority, Emirates Post, Emirates Health Services, Federal Authority for Government Human Resources and other federal and local entities.