What is Covid – 19 Vaccine?
Covid - 19 vaccine aims to provide immunity against COVID- 19 virus by enhancing the immune system to fight the virus whenever exposed to it in the future.
The Benefits of Vaccines:
- Vaccines help protect children and adults against some infectious diseases and their complications. Thus, lead to a healthy, free of these diseases & epidemics.
- Vaccines work effectively to protect individuals & societies.
- Vaccines are the most Successful medical interventions.
- Vaccines contribute to the development of the health system & the quality of individuals' lives.
Who Can Take vaccination?
Vaccination can be given to all above the age of 16 and it is recommended to give priority to individuals who are most likely to develop complications of the disease.
How many Doses are required for the vaccination?
Vaccination comprises of two doses, taken separately with a gap of 3 to 4 weeks between the doses.
Does the vaccine have side effects?
It is normal to have minor side effects during the first week after receiving the vaccine and these symptoms are common when taking any type of vaccine.
I may not be available to take my second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Can I reschedule my vaccine for another day?
It is important to keep record of the second dose appointment and adhere to attend, to ensure the required level of immunity and the maximum benefit from the vaccine. It is recommended to take the second dose in the same vaccination site where the first dose was taken.
Is it possible to take another dose of the vaccine from another manufacturer?
Two doses of the vaccine should be taken from the same manufacturer to ensure vaccine safety and effectiveness.
Is it safe to take more than one type of covid – 19 vaccine?
No, it is not safe to take different types of Covid – 19 vaccine.
Is vaccination safe for older adults and people with chronic conditions?
Yes, vaccination is safe for older adults and people with chronic conditions. It is recommended to provide the vaccine to these groups as they are at risk of developing complication when infected with COVID19-. The medical team will evaluate in case there is a reason to prevent getting vaccinated.
Is vaccination safe for people taking medications?
This will be evaluated by the medical team. You need to inform the team of all medications you are taking and if you have allergies of any kind.
- To learn more scientific facts in English language click here
- To learn more scientific facts in Chinese language click here
- To learn more scientific facts in Persian language click here
- To learn more scientific facts in Urdu language click here
- To learn more scientific facts in Filipino language click here