Criteria for exemption from COVID-19 vaccine
The following categories of people are exempt from COVID-19 vaccine according to Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP) and Department of Health - Abu Dhabi (DOH):
- those who are currently infected with COVID-19
- participants of the vaccine’s clinical trials
- pregnant women
- those who were previously infected with COVID-19 (after medical evaluation)
- those who received the COVID-19 vaccine outside the UAE
- those who have experienced severe allergies to vaccines or components of vaccines or those who may have an illness that conflicts with the vaccine
- children below the age of 16
Read about exempted categories in Dubai in this COVID-19 Vaccine Awareness Guide.
How to apply for COVID-19 vaccine exemption certificate
- If you are a UAE citizen or resident from emirates of Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain or Ras Al Khaimah, and are eligible for exemption from the COVID-19 vaccine, you can apply for a COVID-19 vaccine exemption certificate to MOHAP, by downloading the Covide-19 EHS Application from App Store or Play store.
- In Abu Dhabi, you can apply for an exemption certificate by visiting a medical centre. The center will submit a report to Department of Health - Abu Dhabi for approval. You will receive a text message on whether your application is approved. If approval is granted, it will be reflected on the Al Hosn app.
- In Dubai, contact the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) at toll free number 800342 to learn how to apply for vaccine exemption certificate.