The National Center for Health Research (NCHR) at the Ministry of Health and Prevention strives to promote and develop national capabilities in health and medical research by establishing a catalyzed research ecosystem and building skills and competencies in the area of health and medical research.
In addition, the NCHR is seeking to strengthen the cooperation between academic institutions, healthcare service providers, commercial companies, and scientific institutions to achieve the strategic direction of the UAE in boosting national indicators in the field of research and innovation.
This proposal outlines the program for organizing the first health and medical research conference in the UAE in the areas of priority research identified by the NCHR in its National Health Research Strategy 2021.
The primary purpose of the conference is to encourage researchers across the UAE to participate, present, and disseminate their research work in the area of health and medical research. Ultimately, this activity will enhance the growth of national capabilities in health research and improve the national performance KPIs.
- Offering researchers the opportunity to present and discuss their health and medical research and promote networking among researchers in the UAE.
- Encouraging cooperation between researchers and institutions to conduct research in the fields of specialized medical and health research.
- Identify health and medical research capabilities, including; researchers' competencies, academic institutions, private companies, and health care institutions in the UAE.
Proposed Topics / Themes
Any relevant health and Medical research topics with a focus on, but not limited, to the following topics:
- Cancer innovative therapies
- Cardiovascular Diseases, Diabetes & Obesity
- Infectious diseases
- Neurosciences & Mental Health
- Women and Child Health
- Environmental diseases
- Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare
Eligibility for Submitting Research Paper
- The research project falls within the scope of the country's health research priorities.
- The principal investigator and research team have the right experience and qualifications.
- The research methodology in the submitted research project has adequate scientific merits.
Evaluation Criteria - Submitted Research Papers
- Is the research paper presented consistent with the UAE’s health research priority topics?
- Does the principal investigator and the research team have sufficient scientific expertise and competencies for the proposed research?
- Does the research procedure plan include the purpose and methods of conducting, analyzing, discussing, and the authenticity and novelty of the subject research?
- Does the research have clinical implications?
Target Audiences for the Conference
- Academics working in higher education institutions in UAE.
- Doctors and professional staff of health professions working in institutions providing health care services in
- Scientists specializing in health fields in scientific entities and private companies in UAE.
- Physicians enrolled in medical specialty programs (residents) and internship programs.
- Postgraduate students in health sciences and medicine in UAE.
- Researchers in related fields to medical and health sciences in private and governmental scientific institutions in UAE.
- Research managers and specialists in the field of health and medical ministries, health authorities, academic institutions, and concerned private companies
- Researchers, scientists, doctors, health professionals, managers, or specialists working in the fields of health and medical research inside or outside UAE.
Hotels in Dubai: TBD
Important Deadlines are:
- Submission of paper: 17 October 2022
- Research Acceptance Date: 30 October 2022
- Conference Date: 5-6 December 2022
- Enhancing published research indicators that feed national competitive innovation indicators.
- Extending Research collaboration between researchers in specialized medical and health research fields in UAE.
- Identifying the national health and medical research capabilities among researchers, academic institutions, and the UAE's healthcare institutions.
- Presenting research on the good practices and research training projects for physicians enrolled in residency programs for medical specialties and sharing them with specialists in the relevant fields.
For any inquiries please contact National Health Research Center, email: NCHR@mohap.gov.ae